Goodbye 2018!

2018 was a true whirlwind. From starting the year announcing our pregnancy with Ivy, to losing her, to fertility treatments, 2 failed IUI’s, buying our first home,  getting pregnant after a successful 3rd IUI, finding out we were having a boy, naming him Clarke after my grandpa, and finally closing the year with losing my grandpa just last week.....

I mean seriously...that is the definition of a crazy year.

I cannot even believe all of that happened to us in 12 months. It seems like 2018 took a lifetime to get through, but in some ways it feels like it also went by in an instant. The seasons of grief were some of the darkest I have ever walked... and at the same time the moments of joy are the greatest of my life... Life is so weird that way, there is such a mixture of grief and joy. I am praying for those of you who also had a year like ours, and I am praying for those of you who are still going to be walking your fertility journey in 2019. The Lord knows what lies ahead of you, try to rest in His unfailing love for you.

I am not totally sure how to process all we have gone through this year but I am just so beyond thankful for our son & his life. I am thankful my grandpa knew about his namesake & that he was excited for his arrival... I wish more than anything that he would be here for Clarke’s birth.. but I cannot wait to hold him in just a few months. I cannot wait to have a little piece of my grandpa here on earth again.

Bring on 2019!!



Comments

Popular Posts