High Risk Doctor & ER visit

Yesterday was an unbelievably long day... I went to meet with the high risk doctor & I was hoping they would clear me to just see the midwife but they didn’t clear me. I have this genetic thing called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, it causes me to have really loose joints because my body doesn’t make enough collagen. What I didn’t know is that people with certain types of this can have problems with their aorta.. Basically if you have this certain type, your aorta can tear during labor & so they  recommend c-sections for this type, and they also generally recommend them to anyone with EDS. So next step is getting a heart echo & seeing if I have the type that effects my aorta.

I am trying to remain calm, because there’s a huge chance I don’t have that type. But it still is really scary. Thankfully we serve a big God, who is in control.

So I also have been dealing with major nausea/vomiting... I haven’t kept any food or water down since Saturday! Brutal!!! So I called my doctor to get me an anti-nausea medication, but I couldn’t even keep a sip of water down to take it. So they had me go to to the ER to get fluids. I got a bunch of IV fluids & some medicine, and today I am feeling much better.

Some specific prayer requests would be that I don’t have any issues with my heart, and that the medication continues to help me to be able to eat & drink....because this mama wants some Chipotle.


Comments

Popular Posts