Motherhood

My mom has been the greatest example of this to me. She is brave & kind. She admits to moments when she has failed & she strives to be the best mother she can. She is gracious. She is hospitable to everyone. She is love to me.

I have so many incredible memories with my mom. Swimming in my grandmas pool in the summers as a kid, going to the zoo, the pottery birthday party she threw me, the Christmas mornings that she beamed with joy as we opened the gifts her & my dad bought, my birthday party she still threw for me in the middle of her fighting a battle with cancer, the roadtrips, & the times my parents dropped everything to help me move ( which is a lot of times, sorry guys). I could go on for days. I hope one day my children will say the same things about me.

People always say you tend to parent like your mother & father. I sure hope that is true because my parents are the greatest. They would sacrifice the world for any of their children in a heartbeat. That is true love.

I am excited to tackle motherhood & I am honored that God gave me parents as wonderful as mine for examples of Christ like parenting. I cannot wait to see them as grandparents!!



Comments

Popular Posts