I can see the ivy

“ I realized, that you never left. And for this moment, you planned ahead. That I would see, your faithfulness in all of the green. I can see the ivy, reaching through the walls. Cause you will stop at nothing to heal my broken soul.”

Man, has God’s faithfulness been so clear to me this week. I cannot even describe the beautiful ivy wall that I saw on Tuesday & there is no doubt in my mind that it was a sign of God’s faithfulness. A friend of mine “happened” to have dinner at a restaurant next to this wall two weeks before Ivy’s due date & sent me a photo... (by the way, I don’t really think anything just happens, especially when you look back & see how God puts tons of tiny moments together) ... anyhow, she sent me this photo & I knew that’s how I wanted to honor my girl.

 I met up with my friend who snapped some awesome pictures & the whole time I was just in awe of this wall. The way the vines were intertwined & woven together, just reminded me so much of my story. It has been quite the winding road & it’s far from over, but seeing the beauty when you step back & look at the wall as a whole picture is quite incredible. One day, I will be able to look back at this time in our lives & see the beauty in the hard winding moments, that created the whole picture.

God, thank you for your faithfulness to me...


Comments

Popular Posts