Things that make me dance- Travel

Traveling is one of the things I love most. I love finding new places to eat, or to explore. I know that I wrote about taking time to relax or getaway in one of my previous posts. But even just adventuring around my hometown or a few hours away can cure the “travel bug urge”. I love finding the perfect little coffee shop, or a beautiful park, or a fun activity I wouldn’t normally do.

One of my favorite activities is paddle boarding. There is something so peaceful and quiet about being out on the lake. I encourage you to take little adventures. Explore your town. Get out of your comfort zone and find the little hole in the wall places that you will go back to over and over again.

If you are in need of a vacation & out of ideas....Here are my favorite places I have traveled too:

• Colorado - really anywhere in the state is amazing. I specifically love Red Rocks Amphitheatre , Garden of the Gods, Breckinridge, and Estes Park.

• Southern Pines, NC - okay I didn’t just travel here, I actually lived here. And honestly it may be one of my favorite towns on earth. It is quaint & homey, and has the best food/ coffee ever. If you need a short, relaxing vacation it’s the place to go. I was basically a regular at Betsy’s Crepes, Sweet Basil, Swank, SoPie, Sage Harvest Jerky, Java Bean Plantation, and more. Also if you want to see the sweetest, most wonderful down home church while you’re there.. check out Faithful Bible Church!!

• Malibu, CA - I think I may be a Cali girl at heart... even though I can’t afford that fancy beach life. It is so unbelievably stunning.

• Hocking Hills, OH - my husband and I actually went here on our honeymoon because after a year of long distance dating, we were sick of flying! Amazing hiking... take lots of water!

• Hato Mayor, Dominican Republic - I went here for a missions trip & it changed my life. Before I met john I was convinced I wanted to be a full time international missionary! (I mean it still could happen,  ya never know). If you can serve here , I know that it will also change yours!

•Savannah, GA - one of my favorite historical towns. You need to do the Trolly Tours! It’s the best way to see the city!!


I hope these inspire you to want to slow down life & travel! Plus I want to hear what cities you guys love!!




Comments

Popular Posts