Things that make me dance- friendship

True, trustworthy, raw friendships aren’t always easy to find. There have been lots of times in my life where I felt lost & in need of a true friend. I have been so blessed though, in this season of grief, to have some truly wonderful friendships.

So, thank you.

Thank you for loving me, even on days that are so hard.

Thank you for speaking truth into my life on days that I am filled with guilt or thoughts that are not from God.

A HUGE thank you to the new friends that are on similar roads of grief & loss. I am always so encouraged by your understanding and love.

 Thank you specifically to Kelly, for letting me love your baby girl like I would my own kid... she is a true treasure to me, especially in this season. I am so honored that you have allowed me into Rowan’s like family. Thank you for putting up with my *sometimes* overboard leveling of spoiling her, it brings my heart so much joy. I don’t have the words to fully express my thankfulness for that, but also for your devoted, Christ-centered friendship to me.

Thank you to my siblings... who are not only my siblings, but also my friends. I love you guys so much. I am so thankful that I have been given you two to walk through life with. I could not ask for better siblings.

Thank you to friends who are so incredibly thoughtful and have given gifts to me like my Forget me Not necklace, prayer journals, sent flowers and lovely calligraphy artwork to remember our babies.

 Thank you to the friends who listen to my random nanny life rants & who can make me laugh until my stomach hurts when I need it. (Special shoutout to Aviva and our daily Snapchat videos that recap our day as a nanny... still convinced we need a YouTube channel just for that...haha ). I am so blessed by all of you.

One of my biggest pieces of advice to people who are going through pregnancy loss or any other loss, is to find your group of friends who will love you through the hard times.  The challenging times will show who your true friends are, and it will also gift you with wonderful new friends you didn’t have before. But I challenge you to seek out friends who speak truth into your life when you need it, who cry with you & who mourn with you... but also who dance with you in the good times .

Again thank you to those friends who have done that for me. The ones I have named above and the also the many amazing ones who I haven’t. You are all so wonderful and I cherish you so much.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts