international bereaved Mother’s Day

Oh my fellow angel mommas,

What a heavy burden we have to carry. Anytime I hear of someone who is going through a pregnancy loss or infant loss, I instantly start crying for them. It is honestly unlike any pain I have ever known. It is so hard to have such a deep longing for something & have no way to get it back.

I long to hold a baby in my arms in the middle of the night, and rock them to sleep.

I long for first steps & first words.

I long for Disney movies & waffles on rainy Saturday mornings.

I long for first bike rides.

I long to snuggle them after they get boo-boos.

I long for first days of school.

I long to see them get ready for prom.

I long to watch John teach our kids to drive (we all know I shouldn’t be doing that, i would be to stressed haha).

I long to send them off to college.

I long for them to come home at holidays

I long to see them start their careers & their adult lives.

I long for all of it. The good and the bad. .


Having babies in heaven & not on earth on Mother’s Day, is so painful. Every single day we face reminders of our losses. So here’s to angel mommas. Here is to your strength, your endurance, your love, your dedication to keeping your baby’s memory alive, your grace to those who hurt you with their words, your pain, and lastly your ability to bring awareness in the midst of your grief.

You are worth celebrating on Mother’s Day. You are warriors.



Comments

Popular Posts