Things that make me dance- self care

This is something I need, but I struggle to do... but I’m working on that hahaha.

I know that I have mentioned in previous posts that I’m a full-time nanny. Like a mom, I spend most of my day caring for other people, and generally forget to take care of myself.  However in this journey I am discovering the importance of self-care. If I just go through every single day only caring for other people and never take the time for myself, I become grumpy and ungrateful for the things that God has given me. But when I take time to fill myself back up... I become a much more loving person.

 This is kind of a short post this week. It has been a rough week for me, and I am trying to practice what I preach. But it’s mostly an encouragement that if you are feeling the busyness of life and you’re starting to feel burnt out, remember to take time for yourself. We can’t love others well if we are not loving ourselves well.

Trust me, I know this is not easy. I don’t do this even close to perfectly, but I know that when I take time to care for myself... I am a better wife, nanny, friend, daughter & mentor.

So today do something for you. Buy that coffee, read your Bible, take that quiet time, fill your Target cart ( sorry to all the hubbys), or go for a walk with your dog.

Do something to care for you.




Comments

Popular Posts