Things that make me Dance- Music

Music can literally make me dance... but trust me, I have no rhythm and you don't want to see that. However a few people asked if I had any music that has gotten me through my losses, so I wanted to share a few songs that I have loved.


* The Garden- Kari Jobe ( we love this song because that is how we chose Ivy's name, its the perfect picture of God meeting us in our grief and showing us that He has never left us.. and Kari Jobe, if you ever read this... you're my girl hahaha. and that album makes me cry like nothing else)

* Small Bump- Ed Sheeran ( holy waterworks..... be prepared.. that's all i am saying.)

* Thy Will Be Done- Hillary Scott (she wrote this song post miscarriage, and it is so honest & raw. I hadn't even heard this song yet and my prayer to God was always "Thy Will be Done" and after someone showed me this song it was even more amazing)

* Rock of Ages ( I sing this hymn to myself almost everyday, almost as a prayer. I love old hymns and this one is especially close to my heart)

* It is Well ( also another hymn that I love)

*Glorious- Bryan & Katie Torwalt ( I specifically love the second verse " Your love frees my soul and fear has no hold for you have broken the chains. And now joy fills my life. Your Spirit, Your Light. I'm undone by the kindness of Christ." I cling to songs that remind me of what Jesus has done for me. It helps me remember that He truly has done so much in my life, and not to focus on just the negative things right now.)

* Counting Every Blessing- Rend Collective ( I legit love this band. But i love this song especially because of the line " Surely every season you are good to me"... such a great reminder of God's faithfulness throughout all seasons.)



Comments

Popular Posts