The comparison game

I think that comparing ourselves to others is one of our biggest downfalls as humans. Whether you are comparing your grades, looks, intelligence, lifestyles, family size, etc. Comparing yourselves to other leads to insecurity & discontentment.

I have definitely learned that through this journey.

The more I compare myself to others, the more unhappy I become. It is so hard though, because having a baby is my greatest desire. Not only that, but truly most of my day is consumed with the process of preparing for a baby. Drinking less coffee (or attempting), eating clean, trying to stay relaxed, taking supplements & medications, taking so many hormones, and drinking fertility smoothies. I have done everything perfectly. Yet somehow, my body has failed me. My body hasn’t been able to give me the greasiest desire of my heart.

It is so easy to look at people who aren’t trying to get pregnant or can easily get pregnant, & be angry. It is easy to be bitter and upset with God. It is hard to trust His plan sometimes. But I know that the more I compare myself to others, the less content I will be and the less grateful I will be for the blessings that God has given me.

God has given me an amazing husband to support me during this journey. God has given me incredible friends/family who love me in my darkest, and most unlovable times. God has given me an incredible team of doctors, who are skilled & amazingly gifted. God has given me an amazing community of angel mamas, some of whom I haven’t even had the chance to meet in person yet.

When I feel myself start to play that comparison game, I have to remind myself of God’s blessings. He truly has blessed me with so much.

Counting all my blessings today. I hope that this encourages you to count your blessings as well.


Comments

Popular Posts