You are still their mom

“It brings me a little peace when I realize the only reason I’m in so much emotional pain is because I am a real mother.”


The weeks surrounding Mother’s Day are really hard for me. I go to church for weeks beforehand full of anxiety.  For those of us who have experienced loss, it is a very painful day. I love my mom and I fully celebrate her on Mother’s Day! She’s the best mother I could have been given. But it still is a very emotionally challenging day for me. Remember your loved ones or friends who are in this  battle right now. Those who have lost their mothers, those who have bad relationships with their mothers, those who have lost babies, those who have lost children or adult children, those who long with all of their being to be a mother. It can be a hard reminder of what we have lost.

 I love this video that the Today show made in honor of mommas who have lost children. Give it a watch at the link below.

https://www.today.com/video/to-the-mothers-with-an-aching-heart-on-mother-s-day-940752963958

You are seen.

You matter.

You are still their mom.

You are not alone.

Comments

Popular Posts