Weary


Right now I feel weary. I feel lost in a sea of pregnant friends & family. I hate admitting that I’m struggling. It’s never fun to admit that you are so deeply hurt, that sometimes you don’t have words for it. I was reading in Exodus 17 last week about Moses and the battle Isreal faced with Amalek. What stood out to me the most was in verse 12, when Moses’ hands grew weary. Aaron & Hur each got beside him & they held up Moses’ hands, which led to Isreal triumphing.

Today I feel like Moses in Exodus...

I am weary. I am emotionally exhausted.

I need an Aaron or a Hur to lift up my hands & stand by my side. I think there is beauty in admitting that you need help, and support from others. I used to think that admitting to sadness was showing that you are weak, but that is not the case. We should feel sad when terrible things happen, because we were not created for this imperfect world. We were created to live in perfect peace with God...but because of sin we now have death, pain, loss, cancer, sickness, etc.

The beauty of Christianity is recognizing the sadness this broken world will bring, and then showing the world what it looks like to handle grief with Jesus as your rock. We are different because we have hope & we also have community of believers who are willing to hold our arms up when we are weary.

I miss my sweet girl every single day but I am grateful that she is in the arms of her Savior & that His arms will never grow weary.


Comments

Popular Posts