Things that make me dance - nanny life

This Tuesday I’m writing about being a full time nanny! I have been a professional nanny since I graduated from the English Nanny & Governess School , and honestly I can’t imagine doing anything else! It is an extremely rewarding career. There is nothing more wonderful than seeing a little kiddo laughing, with pure uncontainable joy... and that is my job every day. Helping kiddos through their sad moments, but also making sure that their days are joyful & fun! I love each kiddo like I would love my own kid. Which for someonedealing with infertility can be challenging at times, but it’s also such an amazing blessing to be able to invest in these kids before I have my own . I get so much joy in seeing them thrive into great human beings!!  So as requested by a few people, here are some of my favorite Nanny Mo hacks/tricks/tips!

Car Seat Tags
This hack I learned from another nanny & I think that’s it is genius for mommas & nannies. If you are in a car accident & have a child in the vehicle that can’t speak, it’s important that you have a way for medics & police to get information on the child! Especially if that child has allergies (or is not your own kiddo, like in a nanny or grandparent situation, then the child’s parents are contacted if you are unable to notify them due to an injury)

A great way to do this is have a square piece of paper  taped to their seat with the following info :
- Name
- D.O.B
- Allergies or Medical Conditions
- Parents Names & Phone Numbers
- Your relationship to the child

Car seat blankets :
These are one of my favorite hacks! And so easy too! In order to keep little ones safe & warm, you can easily make these car seat blankets.

All you need is:
2 different colors of fleece fabric - 1 1/2 to 2 yards

Directions:
- lay fleece out one on top of another
- cut squares in each corner of the blankets
- cut approximately one inch skits along blankets
- tie both fabrics together
- fold blanket & cut a hole almost in the center of the blanket ( I always cut it a little more towards one end so their feet are covered better)
- and TA DA! your kiddo is warm & much safer than being in a puffy winter jacket!!
( this is the photo that was given to me as an example! If you want to see the ones I have done or have questions on it... feel free to message me!)

Joy in the simple things: 
This isn’t a hack or a trick, it’s just a reminder. The greatest joy I have in being a nanny comes in the sweet, everyday things. Like when you get to work & a kiddo runs up to you...or when you leave & they wave goodbye to you in the window... or when they fall asleep on you... or when they learn how to say your name. Many of my momma friends have have these same experiences with their own kids. The days go fast. Remember to pause, and take a moment to soak in the joyful moments. The simple, the everyday. Those moments are the most memorable.

Find Joy in the simplicity of the everyday.








Comments

Popular Posts