Today was supposed to be my gender ultrasound

I was supposed to be getting Ivy’s gender ultrasound today. Even though I felt in my heart that Ivy was a little girl, I was so looking forward to this day... and now this is a day of sadness. I know I mentioned in my previous post about Ivy that I had dreams about her being a girl. Literally I was constantly having dreams that I went in for her ultrasound & that there was a bow on her head. So I take comfort in that. I can find rest in the fact that my little love is in the arms of her Creator & that He loves her more than I ever could... which is so hard to imagine.

But that doesn’t mean that it is always easy. Sometimes it is so hard to wrap my head around the fact that she is truly gone. I was chatting with a friend who also has had a rough TTC journey. She and I both agreed in this conversation that we wish that we weren’t in this boat. We wish that this wasn’t our journey....however this is our journey & we are dedicated to taking this journey on with grace, prayer & courage.

I could definitely use some prayer today. Specifically just for peace in this journey. There are days that there is calm in the waves of grief... today the waves are very choppy.

We love and miss you more than words can express, sweet girl .


Comments

Popular Posts