Christmas is never the same

Last Christmas we found out we were pregnant with Ivy... it hasn’t even been a year since we lost her.  Christmas is never going to be the same for me. The pain will fade but it will always be a reminder of her little life. Even now as I carry her active baby brother, the pain is still very raw.

Our darling girl, we miss you so much. You would’ve been celebrating your first Christmas this year & while we have your brother, there’s still a missing piece to our lives with you gone. I couldn’t bring myself to do a Christmas card this year because it just felt to weird without you in it. We love you so much & reminders of you still fill our home this holiday season.

To those grieving this season, I know your pain. I know how hard the holidays can be & I am grieving along with you. Remember that even in the depths of your grief, God meets you there. He sees you & loves you. Be gracious with yourself. Remember that it’s okay to stay home, and it’s okay to take the time you need to grieve. We miss you Ivy Mae.




Comments

Popular Posts