A time for rest

This journey in some ways has been unexplainable. As much as I share about my journey, some of it is hard to put into words. I think from the outside people may not fully realize the toll that this has had on my body. I have been learning that this journey involves a lot of self awareness. I have realized that I need to set boundaries for my mental health... whether that means skipping a baby shower, or avoiding the nursery on a crowded Sunday. I need to do what’s best for me, which is something I’m not very good at. Acts of service is the way that I love to love others. I  power through my pain & do what others need...but in this season I need to try to focus on me.

My life is about to take a very big turn. I have decided to step back from working full time. Many people have been asking me “how do you nanny while going through all of this?” ... truthfully it is very hard. It is hard to be the only nanny in a sea of moms at the park, & it is hard to put all your effort into children who you love to death, but at the end of the day they are not your own. It is so hard...

So I have decided to take a step back. I have not been nannying for a month or so now. Quitting a full time job, involves me releasing everything to God... our lifestyle, our finances, our future. We are in the middle of some expensive fertility stuff, as well as just buying a house. While my full time income was amazing when it comes to helping pay for things we need, it also was taking a very large toll on me. I was burnt out & very stressed. I was not taking care of myself like I should have been... being a nanny in a season of longing for motherhood, is a very hard & painful task. So, we feel a lot of peace about the decision & we know that He will provide. I am going to enjoy being Aunt Mo, and Morgie to my old nanny kiddos who I adore... but I am excited for a new phase!!

I am BEYOND excited for my new adventure. I am going to be working at Heartwood Coffee in Hudson a few days a week. I am ready to slow life down a bit & focus on myself. I cannot wait to see how God is going to work in this next chapter.

Right now, is a time for rest.... & lots of coffee!










Comments

Popular Posts