True Hope

Grief has taught me what it means to have true hope. Trust me it has not been an easy road, I stumble and some days are harder than I have words for. However, every day I am being taught more about God & His character. I have also realized that hope doesn’t come naturally. It is a choice everyday to seek out what God has for us. I can very easily fall into despair if I am not actively choosing to seek God’s will for my life.

When we lost our first baby I was crushed, and I did not choose to seek God. I avoided church, and pretty much anywhere that I would see pregnant people. I was full of anxiety, and weighed down by depression & guilt. But now that I have chosen to seek hope that only can come from Christ, I can see & feel a difference in my grieving this time around. When my life is anchored on Jesus then I will feel secure, because we worship a God who is trustworthy & just. When my hope is on things of this world, I will always be disappointed because this world is fallen.

One practical tip for this, is to remind yourself who God is. I am so thankful that I have friends who will do this with me, when I feel like I don’t have the strength to do it myself. I have found that keeping a written list of the attributes of Christ with me is super beneficial. It is a tangible way to remind yourself of who God is. I told you guys about the book “Longing for Motherhood” that I just finished reading. She also talked about this in her book. Chelsea brought up the example of how we are described as “lost sheep” in the Bible. I loved how she said “ We are restless creatures, prone to wander, with a great need for a shepherd. We desperately need the Lord walking before us, beside us, and behind us, shepherding our hearts and lives.”

I am thankful that God is guiding me and shaping me into a woman after His own heart. I am praying that He helps me become a person that is full of the hope of heaven, no matter how grim my circumstances may be.

Comments

Popular Posts